Please read our rental guidelines below:
Let's get the ball rolling! Click "add to cart list" for the items you'd like to rent and once you're done, then click "checkout." Enter your email address and contact information with a few other particulars and click "complete my enquiry." Within 24 business working hours we'll contact you with a rental quote. Please bear in mind that over weekend’s we don’t operate at the office as we are normally out on setups/breakdowns.
To put your rentals on hold, we require a signed copy of the quote that you happy with and a copy of your passport/identity document with 50% deposit. Two weeks before your event the remaining balance of 50% is due, and only then when full payment has been received will the invoice be raised. Rentals are officially put on hold once we’ve received all supporting documents with the initial 50% deposit is received. You’ll see on your quote that we do hold a 15% or minimum R1000 refundable holding deposit which does get refunded once all stock has been returned and checked.
Our delivery is based on the location of your event and amount of items we need to drop off. We provide transportation throughout Johannesburg, Pretoria and beyond.
Our warehouse is located in Wynberg, Sandton and allows customers to pick-up small rental orders. This only applies to small decor items and does not apply to furniture, unless arranged with management.
Yes, we can manage that too! We provide prop styling and set-up / break-down for all types of functions and events for an extra charge. Email us to learn more at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the fragile nature of our decor and furniture, all rentals should be returned to our team in their original packaging. We’ve customized specific crates for each product to ensure safety while on the road. An extra fee (15% of the rental cost) will be charged per product if not received in original packaging after your event.
We hope this won't be the case! If a rental booking that has been paid up and is cancelled 30 days before your event only half of the initial deposit will be refunded. Orders cancelled a week in advance are non-refundable. Rule of thumb: let us know as soon as possible if your event is cancelled and we'll chat it out.
Our furniture and decor should be returned to our team in the same condition as when delivered to your event. If rentals are broken or soiled beyond repair while on-site, the client is responsible to cover the repair cost or the cost of a replacement piece (the replacement price as stipulated on quote).
Speciality linens should be cleaned of food debris and loose dirt and air dried to prevent mildew before returned. All candle wax (which may be left on our votives, vases, lanterns, etc.) must be removed to the best of your abilities before returned back to our team.
- All goods hired shall always remain the property of House of Décor & Events at all times.
- All quotes are valid for 7 working days only, unless signed off and sent back to us.
- The risk of the goods hired passes to the customer once he/she takes possession of it.
- While House of Décor & Events will make every effort to ensure that the hired goods are in good condition and correctly counted, the responsibility lies with you the customer to check goods before taking delivery thereof.
- All goods hired to be returned on the date specified on the invoice and by 10 am that day or a daily charge of R250 will be levied for goods not received timeously or charged out an additional day.
- Any goods that are damaged or missing will be charged to the customer at replacement costs. These costs have to be settled immediately from invoice or interest charge of 5% per month will be levied on this amount. These outstanding amounts if not settled within 30 days will be handed over for collection and the costs arising thereof will be borne by the customer.
- Hired goods that are unused have to be paid for and no refunds are allowed.
- A 50% deposit is required on confirmation of order. Payment can be made either by cash or electronic transfer into our account as on the quotation. Include our quote or invoice number as a reference. The balance is required no later than 2 weeks before the function (NO EXCEPTIONS).
- Orders are only confirmed on receipt of our signed quotation & Terms and Conditions and a 50% deposit. Telephone confirmations cannot be guaranteed.
- Final confirmation of numbers must be advised 1 week prior to the function. Our invoicing and preparations will be based on this quantity. No reductions in quantities will be accepted after 1 week prior to the function.
- A 15% or minimum R1000 refundable breakage deposit is required on all samples and hired goods, which will be refundable on the return of all the undamaged and accounted for goods.
- Any cancellations must be requested in writing, at least 2 weeks prior to the function, sooner the better.
- If a rental booking is cancelled 30 days before your event only half of the initial deposit will be refunded. Orders cancelled a week in advance are non-refundable.
- An additional set-up fee will be levied over and above the quoted set-up / break-down fee, for set-up and break-down before 8am and after 5pm and on Sundays and public holidays.
- House of Décor & Events does not accept any responsibilities for any damage, distortion of décor / draping / props that may occur once the function is left.
- House of Décor & Events does not accept any responsibility and liability for damage to property that may occur at a function once the premises is vacated.
- House of Décor & Events does not accept any responsibility for any injuries or fatal accidents that may occur before, during or after the function.
- Please note that while we undertake to remove all the hired materials used as soon as possible after the function, we do not accept any responsibility for any losses or damages incurred while the hired materials are not in our care. The replacement cost of these will be for your account. We therefore strongly advise you to take out additional short-term insurance to cover any losses that may occur.
- House of Décor & Events is not responsible for any candle wax on tablecloths. If candle wax damages tablecloths client will be billed directly.
- Delivery/Collection and Setup Charges are not included in the rental price and these charges will vary, depending on the area that the goods need to be delivered to and detail on the setup required.
- If you require cleaning please advise, as there is an additional cleaning fee which can be charged at (R250) if the items are returned dirty and no prior arrangement has been made then the cleaning fee will be taken off your deposit.
- The client must provide dry undercover storage for all hired equipment until such time as the equipment is collected or returned. Damaged goods will be for clients account.
- When goods are only delivered and not set up, as per the client’s choice, such goods must be properly packed in the containers/boxes supplied, and kept ready for collection.
- The charged setup fee is for a maximum of 4 hours, if the venue or the client starts changing things and House Of Décor & Events goes over the allocated 4 hours, then the client will be charged accordingly thereafter per hour.
- All prices quoted on flowers are an estimate at that time depending on the market and are subject to change at any point in time closer to the function.
- House of Décor & Events does not take any responsibility for any damages incurred while the hired materials are not in our care. The replacement cost of these will be for his/her account.
Have questions along the way, or maybe don’t see what you looking for? Give us a ring on (011) 608 1144/ (011) 608-1182 or shoot us an email at email@example.com